Do you own a home and live in Texas? We can help you find the coverage you need to protect your home here at Jagwan Insurance & Financial Services. We offer coverage that can be customized to suit your needs. Home insurance is important because it protects your home and its items if something happens.
Home Insurance Requirements
Legally, home insurance is not required in Texas. However, your lender can require it as a part of your mortgage. Nonetheless, it is still highly recommended to obtain it. Without home insurance, you can be stuck paying out of pocket for damages if your home sustains damage resulting from a fire, theft, vandalism, etc.
Home Insurance Coverage
The following are all covered under home insurance:
- Dwelling - This covers damage to your attached home, such as a porch or attached garage.
- Other structures - This will cover structures on your home that are considered “stand-alone” and not permanently attached to your home such as a detached garage or fence.
- Personal property - This coverage pays for the costs to repair or replace your personal items that have been damaged or stolen.
- Loss of use - This helps cover your temporary living costs while your home is being repaired.
- Personal liability - This will cover you if you injure another person or cause property damage.
- Medical payments - If someone is injured while on your property, this will cover their medical expenses no matter who is at fault. It will also pay you if a family member or pet causes injury to someone else.
If you own a Texas home and want a quote for home insurance, please call us at Jagwan Insurance & Financial Services. You can also visit our office in person.